Tashkent, Chilanzar district, street Beshyagach
Abulkasym Madrasah is a beautiful monument of the Central Asian architecture of the XIX century, a building with a very difficult, almost human destiny. The madrasah was built in 1850 at the expense of one of the most highly educated and respected city residents of Tashkent - Abulkasym-ishan, in a beautiful area of the old city - Beshagach. The place of construction was chosen not at all by chance; a century earlier, one of the pilgrims who made the hajj to Mecca, brought from the holy places a few hairs of the beard of the Prophet Muhammad himself. For the storage of the holy relics, the surrounding inhabitants built a modest building with a low dome over the whole world, which was named “Honakoyi Muyi Muborak”. It was to this treasury, by the order of Abulkasym, that the madrasah was attached. The building is designed in the style of the Eastern Renaissance of the first half of the XIX century. The main entrance is highlighted by a high portal, the facade is decorated with pointed niches, three on each side, and the guldasta towers, topped with turquoise domes. It is noteworthy that many students of this madrasa later became very famous people. So among the graduates of the famous educational institution were: the founder of the Uzbek romanist Abdullah Kadiri, the founder of the University of Tashkent Munavvar-Kori Abdurashidhonov and the famous playwright Gulyam Zafariy.